Monday, February 15, 2010

Has it already been a year?

I first have to say that I've become a terrible mother over the course of a few months... I hardly every update the blog and I'm always forgetting to take pictures. How is it that Isabel has virtually ever moment of her first year captured in a photo and poor Jaxon hardly has any? Is this the life of the second child... what happens to the third and fourth? Do you totally give up baby books and monthly photos by then?

Our Mr. Handsome has been a part of our lives for a year. His kind spirit and soulful brown eyes have melted my heart time and time again. At ONE he can: wave bye, say bye-bye, momma, poppa, blow kisses, walk, climb steps, feed Bailey his food from the high chair, and play peek a boo.

Jaxon's Top Ten:
10. The way he squints his eyes when you take his picture.
9. How warm his spirit is.
8. The way his big, brown eyes twinkle... and how he looks at me with those soulful eyes.
7. The sound of his laugh when you tickle him.
6. How he crawls as fast as he can with a huge smile on his face when I pick him up from the sitter.
5. The way he's so intrigued with everything about his big sister.
4. His cuddliness.
3. When he squeezes through small spaces to get what he wants.
2. The fact that he would rather go over or through something than just going around.
1. That first moment I saw him...I'm still amazed at how much you can love someone when you've you've only just met.

We love you Jaxon Santiago... Happy Birthday!

No comments: