Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Harness-Evans July Celebration






Each July my father's side of the family comes together for a family reunion. This year was truly special because we met at my grandmother's childhood home... this farm has been in our family for 76 years! As a child we would make Sunday trips to the country and sadly I never enjoyed it. It seemed as if it took forever to get there and then there was nothing "fun" to do... you know what I mean, no TV, no atari, no kids my age! However, going back as an adult was completely different. I was able to learn a bit about my roots and enjoy the wide, open space. My great-grandmother's family moved to the areas in the 1800's and were even founding members of the Cove Creek Christian church. It was so interesting and I can't wait to go back again!

No comments: