Saturday, November 27, 2010

our family

the harness great-grandchildren
the plaid men of the family
isabel and jaxon going for a ride on adriane
most of the harness grandchildren
faith, isabel, and adriane
after hosting lunch at our house we were able to go over to great grandma and grandpa harness's house. we are so, so lucky to know them! here are some pictures of our family with my great- grandpa harness. my great- grandpa has parkinson's disease which is slowly taking him away from everyone who loves him... but, my mom tells me that he loves me and reminds us how fortunate we are to have had the opportunity to know him. you see, there's just something special about my great-grandpa, something that sets him apart from other men. my mom says he has a warm and loving spirit about him, a trait that captured her heart when she was my age. mom told me this story about "pappy" taking her to tap dance class when she was even younger than me... the funny part of the story is that she forgot her tap shoes and had to dance in her snow boots!! please say an extra prayer this evening for my great-grandpa.
~ Isabel

No comments: