Tuesday, May 6, 2008

One Year Already?

It seems like just yesterday we were at Dr. Pearman's office and she was telling me that I had just earned a ticket to the hospital... Hector almost choked! We had been waiting for this moment for 9 months. We had been so excited for 9 months. We had been ready to meet our daughter for 9 months. And then suddenly I was so scared. In a moment I went from a selfish 20 something to the mother of a gorgeous daughter... and I've loved every moment of the past 365 days! Isabel has blessed our lives in so many ways and I am so thankful to God for giving her to us.

She is such a delightful little girl. I think that God knew how scared I was to become a mom... He knew that I was petrified that I wouldn't know what to do or that I wouldn't do a good job. So, He gave us an amazingly easy little girl. Thank goodness! The only times I've felt overwhelmed is when she is sick or teething... and then my "easy" little girl turns into a small monster!

It is with sadness and joy that I admit that out sweet baby isn't such a baby anymore! Mommy and Daddy love you to the moon and back Sweet Cheeks!!

No comments: