Monday, June 30, 2008

The Worst Parenting Day EVER!!!

I had my first true experience with wanting to take my child's pain. She's of course fallen and gotten shots but nothing like today. Isabel was going up the steps (she'd only made it up 2 steps) from the basement and I was right there... I turned for a second to close the garage doors and the next thing I knew she was at the bottom of the steps. Face down. She was screaming of course and my heart was literally breaking. Not to mention I was petrified that she might have a concussion or worse a brain injury. It didn't take long for my tears to come. I felt so terrible. With the advice of my mom I made Isabel stay up for the next 2 hours for fear she would never wake up!

I just went and woke her up a few minutes ago just to make sure she would wake up... am I completely neurotic?

That image of my little baby on the bottom of the steps is imprinted in my mind. I still feel terrible.

Praise the Lord our sweet baby is as perfect as ever... with the exception of a nasty bruise!

No comments: