Sunday, July 26, 2009

My Worst Mommy Moment...

After a week of agonizing debate we finally came to the conclusion that it would be best for Mocha if we found him a new family. He was such a sweet puppy but we just didn't have the time and energy to meet his needs. Even after finding a family that wanted to come and look we both started to change our minds... in the end we focused on thinking about Mocha and not ourselves. Hector conveniently was at work when the family arrived so I had to fly solo. In no way was I prepared for Isabel's reaction... I had planned on her being in her room but the family was 30 minutes late and she was eating dinner. Hindsight tells me I should have made sure she didn't watch him leave, but I had no idea. As they were walking out the door she was screaming and crying " Mocha, Mocha!"  My heart broke that night. Holding my baby girl while she cried over a loss she didn't understand. It made me think back to my own mom and all of the times she held me... crying over the loss of Tinkerbell, crying over an ended relationship, the loss of a win, the disappointment of a situation. My mom held me countless times for countless reasons... how many times did her heart break for me? Thank you mom. 

No comments: