Sunday, July 14, 2013

a dedication to my hubs

this will be no surprise because i tell everyone this... i married a man that i knew would be an exceptional dad. while we were dating i would watch hector play with my nieces and nephews and i instantly knew that he would be the kind of dad i wanted for my children. he's playful, he's energetic, he's compassionate, and most of all... he's a lover!

when we brought isabel home hector was the one who was "the natural parent." he intrinsically knew what to do for her and was so at ease with her. i fell in love with my husband the father during that time. and our daughter fell in love with her daddy. not much compares to watching your daughter fall in love with the first man in her life.

as our family has grown from 2 to 5 i've watched him evolve as a husband and as a father. i've seen him take care of our babes in the middle of the night when they're sick, play with them as if he were a child himself, and love like i never knew possible. hector the husband has shown me what unconditional love  looks like. he took care of me in ways i never dreamt he would while i was sick, he helped care for my grandpa when things got bad, he makes sure that he's home in time for me to go workout, and he's slowly realizing how important it is for me to nourish my soul. i love this man more and more with every season of our marriage.

this year i stole some fantastic ideas from pinterest and designed a scavenger hunt for hector and the 2 oldest. they had a blast together while i stayed home and prepared a dad's day/ birthday dinner for hector and my dad.
 BBQ sundae
 the scavenger hunt
 one of their stops
 first stop... a place where they could get a sticky bun
 breakfast
 Paradise Park... a place where they could drive fast cars




 the park... a place where they could see nature
and play outside
 the movies... a place where they could watch a movie 
on a big screen
 on the way home









 happy birthday to grandpa!


No comments: